(That “J” is a tough one, haha)
1) Join us for Summer Shape Up! Leave a comment below and click the box to subscribe to my newsletter and the password for Week 1 will be emailed to you automatically. You’ll be in the loop for upcoming Shape Up workouts, and also the first to know about giveaways and blog happenings. Yesterday, I manually added a few hundred email addresses. If you emailed me after 11pm last night, please leave a comment and click the box to sign up. If your comment does not show up immediately, it might need to be approved by me after I get off work. I apologize, but there’s no way I’m going to be able to keep up with the manual email input in addition to creating this fun free challenge.
I’m so excited for this year’s SSU! Check in tomorrow morning for the intro post with all of the details.
2) Plan a nighttime BBQ/swimming party. Light the tiki torches, make some cocktails, and ask friends to bring their favorite side dish. One of my favorite things about summer are the get-togethers and parties. Looking for something different to make? Try salmon packs, pizza or quiche on the grill.
3) Revamp your grocery shopping and meal planning, especially since summer brings a totally different bounty of fresh herbs and produce. Change up the produce you’re buying, experiment with different proteins, or go back to an old favorite that was somehow forgotten. I’ve got my reunion with the breakfast cookie planned for tomorrow morning 🙂
4) Make something with fresh berries, like this beautiful crumble in a jar.
Or just eat them straight-up….
5) Take a small vacay or stacation at home. Even if it’s something simple, like movie night and living room floor picnic, a quick trip to the spa, or a close road trip. Plan a fun adventure!
6) Try out a new lip color. I love tinted glosses in the summer -because, let’s be real, most makeup seems to melt off in the Arizona sun- and especially love the red LUSH tinted balm. It adds just the right amount of pop! without being too over the top.
7) Go after a new fitness goal and enlist a friend for motivation along the way. Want to run a half marathon in the fall? Become a CrossFit regular? Try yoga? Now’s the time to make it happen! Leave your June fitness goal in the comment section so we can cheer you on along the way 🙂
8) Try a pool workout! Does your gym have Aqua Zumba or another pool fitness class? Give it a whirl, you may be surprised how challenging the added resistance of water can be. The first pool class I ever took, I thought it would be a joke, and it killed me. Even if your gym doesn’t have a water fitness class, try out some moves on your own. Swims some laps (or jogs laps!) and alternate between pushups or pop-ups at one wall, fast flutter kicks at the other.
9) Download a new book. I’m reading The Last Camellia by Sarah Jio right now -and loving it!- and am trying to think of what I’ll read next…
10) Make a refreshing summer smoothie! This is my all-time favorite.
Thank you so much to those of you who participated in the #smoothieaday challenge! Congrats to Cindy (@cindy_saw) who checked in the most with her awesome creations! I’ll be sending her a custom batch of macaroons and TJs/Whole Foods goodie pack as a high five.
What are you going to do to make it an amazing month? What’s your current fitness goal?
Here’s to a fabulous June!