… do you have any Grey Poupon??
I have been mustard crazy lately. Not sure what happened but it tastes SO good right now! I’ve always loved it but it’s been a neglected condiment in my life. Never fear, mustard is back, yo.
Slathered on millet bread:
in my pasta:
Even in my salad:
Which brings us to the Garlic Meal of the Day! We’ll call it G-MOD for short
(Thank you for the garlic container, Jeni!)
To celebrate National Garlic Week, I thought it would be fun to feature some delicious new uses for garlic and go over the healthy benefits.
I bring you the G-MOD:
Garlic Meal of the Day #1
Salad with Creamy Dijon Basil Dressing and Millet Croutons
*AKA The dressing that will change your life
-1 slice millet
-romaine + arugula (or greens of choice)
-Garlic Gold olive oil
-Garlic Gold Italian Herb seasoning (or you can use Italian seasoning and garlic powder)
-2 T Dijon mustard
-1/8-1/4 C almond milk
-1/4 C fresh basil
-Garlic bites for garnish
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 and spray a small pan (I used a metal round pan) with Garlic Gold olive oil (or oil of choice).
2. Cut up a slice of millet bread (or bread of choice) into small cubes and place the bread cubes onto the pan. Spray with more olive oil and season well with Italian seasoning + garlic (or the Italian herb seasoning), oregano and sea salt.
3. Bake the croutons for about 10 minutes (keep an eye on them) until crispy and perfect.
4. While the croutons are a-baking, make the dressing that will change your life forever. In the food processor combine the Dijon mustard, almond milk, 1/4 T oregano, 1/2 t thyme, sea salt (to taste) and the basil. Blend until smooth and transfer the dressing to a large-ish salad bowl.
5. Top the dressing with chopped romaine and greens of choice, toss to coat.
6. Top salad with crunchy Garlic Gold bites (for extra pizazz) and the croutons. Eat some from your palm if you’re like me.
© 2010 The Fitnessista
Here’s the promo that the OpenSky peeps are giving:
-20% off, which brings the price down to 16.80 for four shakers of goodness (Herb, Parmesan, Sea Salt and Regular)
-Coupon code: GarlicGold
-To get in on the garlicky action *click herrrre*
In other life events, I finally got my mane cut today:
Note: I do have a left eye. It just hides sometimes
And the bloggy was featured on Vitamin G, one of my favorites
It’s time to get ready for work, train clients and the pack for Vegas. I keep saying that I’m going to pack but I have a feeling it will happen tonight
Enjoy your night! GLEEEEEEEE is on!!!!!! Wahoo!
Something to talk about: Are you a garlic fan or notsomuch? What’s your favorite way to use garlic? I LOVE garlic and my favorite use for it is in well, everything. It’s not a savory meal if it doesn’t have some garlic in there And yes, I brush my teeth a lot and invest in multiple packs of Spry gum
Something to do: Keep those *spark* stories coming.. I love reading them