6/14: Friday Faves + your awesome pics

-I’m legally allowed on base again. My base ID has been expired for a while, so on the rare occasions we’ve been to base since then, the Pilot has had to get me a visitor’s pass. Liv and I went down there to get a new ID today, and the camera seems to have removed my nose and chin.

Voldemort at Malfoy Manor Chapter 1

Cousins?

[photo source]

The good news is that Livi and I are free to go on base as we please… and shop at the BX, which is a tax-free hybrid of a Walmart and department store (so you can find furniture, electronics, clothes, toys, purses, pretty much anything you need in one spot).

Photo 105

(They have a glorious cosmetics section with department store brands, as well as Victoria’s Secret and Bath and Body Works stuff).

-Local peaches.

Peaches  1 of 1

We picked up some white peaches, which are from a farm in Wilcox, AZ. One of the things I miss the most about living in Georgia -yep, I miss some parts about Valdosta!- is the ability to pick your own fresh produce. Tucson has some fantastic farmer’s markets, but you can also drive about an hour to Wilcox for seasonal produce. In the fall, the apples are out of this world. Liv and I are going through the peaches pretty quickly. Maybe one morning, we’ll make it out to the farm to pick our own!

-New kicks. Reebok sent these to me as part of our partnership, and I can’t wait to wear them for Zumba tomorrow.

Reebok  1 of 1 2

Tomorrow is also my first day teaching Aqua Zumba! I’m pretty stoked. From what I hear, the guests have been loving it.

I’ll definitely let you know how it goes.

-Fridays with my lovebug.

Photo 106

(Petting a javalina statue)

Even though it’s hard to go to work on Saturdays when the Pilot and Liv are both home, I love being able to be home with her on Fridays. Even when we don’t have anything too much planned -usually we’ll meet up with friends or hit up the library or children’s museum- it’s definitely my favorite day of the week. When she wakes up from her nap, we’re going to hang out in her splash pool and then make stir fry for dinner.

Pool  1 of 1

-Your awesome pics! I absolute adore all of your amazing Summer Shape Up check-ins. Keep them coming! Your goal for the next week is to continue the momentum you’ve already created. You did the hard part: you started. Now you have to just keep doing what you’re doing and finish strong.

Elena is already prepping for next week:

BMvqYkXCcAAy5Do jpg large

Ashley, after workout 2 + HIIT:

Ashley

Chelsea’s Week 2 prep:

BMUWl0 CUAEPppV jpg large

Abby after rocking out her SSU workout:

BMvr3ImCcAALP9a jpg large

I wanted to give a special shout out to Whitney, a fit mama who has been doing the workouts I’ve posted for the past 5 weeks. She’s already seeing incredible results, feeling awesome, and is absolutely gorgeous.

Whitney

Keep up the great work, Whit <3

If you’re subscribed to my newsletter, you’ll get all of the Week 3 info + the password later tonight.

Have a very happy Friday!!

Comments

1. HAHA gina I seriously doubt you look like voldemort! Have a fun friday with your cutie!

2. Woot! Thanks for the shoutout! Summer Shape Up has been so fun! Thanks so much for putting so much time and energy into it for us.

Have fun with Livi today! :)

3. My comment doesn’t have anything to do with your current post, but I just had to tell you how amazing your macaroon recipe is! I took them out of the dehydrator yesterday morning, and they were incredible. Even my non-coconut loving husband loves them! I can’t wait to come up with some variations on my own. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! It is definitely one I’ll make over and over… and over…

4. Melissa says:

Shout out to Whitney- You give me inspiration. Keep at it! #Awesome

Mel

5. Kristen says:

I love when me and my son (15 months) get to hang out just the two of us. He’s so much fun these days!

I’m planning a bike ride later this evening for my SSU cardio.
    Way to go Whitney for your awesome transformation over the last several weeks. You look great!

6. Wow- Go Whitney! You look fab!

7. Haha Voldemort, that would be pretty funny to see, but I don’t think I could see the resemblance in a picture ;)
    Everyone looks like they’re doing awesome with SSU!

8. So impressive, Whitney! Way to go! It’s always motivating to see others’ progress and hard work pay off.

9. Thanks for the shout out! Its pretty fun to see my picture up there. Seriously loving this years shapeup. Have such a wonderful weekend with your loves!

10. Hope you two have a wonderful afternoon! Hard to believe one more workout and we’ll be halfway through SSU!! Have been trying to decide what my “wild card” will be for tomorrow’s cardio ever since finishing my steady state earlier today. So many fun options :) Looking forward to the details for Week 3 later tonight and thanks again for putting the time and energy into this for all of us!

11. Love reading your blog–you are great inspiration!

12. Beverly Aragon says:

Wow, Whitney looks amazing :) Loving all the SSU pics! My steady state workout is done = precor machine on my lunch break. Happy weekend to you and yours!

13. Congrats to Whitney! You look great!

14. Good job Whitney! You are an inspiration to many. Keep up the great work! ;)

15. Kelster says:

Good job, Whitney!!
    I wasn’t able to do workout 2 yesterday so I’m doing it tonight. It’s going to burn!

16. Colleen says:

Looking forward to seeing what’s in store for next week, but I’m DEFINITELY bookmarking those stability ball pikes and pushups! I feel like I have a pretty strong core, but those really challenged me.

17. Great round-up! I’m loving the Summer Shape-Up so far & people are getting a kick out of my updates. Keep up the great work & can’t wait to see those Reebok’s in action! :)

18. Colleen says:

Looking forward to seeing what’s in store for next week, but I’m DEFINITELY bookmarking those stability ball pikes and pushups for future workouts! I feel like I have a pretty strong core, but those really challenged me.

I really enjoyed my steady state run today. I’ve been doing so much HIIT and strength, steady state seemed like a luxury!

19. I love those Reeboks! Have fun at aqua Zumba!

20. This post cracked me up! I had to get a new military ID the other day and when I saw it I could not stop laughing. So- to make my friends laugh on instagram, I did a side by side of my photo-and a photo of Batman’s Heath Ledger as “the Joker”…I don’t think they could tell which one of us REALLY created terror in Gotham City!

I’m glad I’m not alone in the military ID creepiness factor.

21. Go Whitney! Love seeing people’s transformations.

Checking in for today…stuck with the trusty treadmill for my cardio and did a tempo blast workout. Plus an ab burner. It was then that I realized my abs were still burning from the stability ball.

22. All your recipes are a perfect cure for a baking itch! Enjoyed prepping today an looking forward to food and workouts for week 3! Keep up the excellent work, everyone!

23. Wow, Whitney looks great! Good for you girl!

24. Aw, thanks for the shout out Gina! And for the sweet comments and encouragement from you other readers! Totally made my day! <3

25. My uncle is a veteran and my aunt would sometimes take me on base to do some shopping. Wow! I couldn’t believe the amount of items they had and the prices! I would get a Voldemort-looking ID if I could go shopping there again! :-)

26. Fernanda says:

Hi Gina!
    First of, you’re amazing! You pretty much single handed quick started a whole new shapter in my life, where living healthy, exercizing and still having fun is one of the main priorities.
    I’ve struggled with anorexia from ages 16 to 25 and now, at 29y old and two kids (the oldest being a girl), I’ve spent much time trying to live healthy (which for me always meant simply eating less) and exercise as to give my kids a good thing to look up to. But how not to obssess? How would I not starve myself (when it is something I know so well) in order to go back to pre-pregnancy shape?
    Took me long but I figured it out. Eat healthy, eat a lot but eat healthy, exercise for the fun of exercising. Enjoy it and you wont have a problem.
    I looove your videos and your dancing videos are always on repeat when there is no time for gym and I need to get my cardio done by dancing.
    Thanks!

P.S.: I haven’t received the password of the summer shape up (week 3). Is there any chance to have it sent again?

Xx

that makes my heart so happy to hear. keep taking great care of yourself!
      email me and i’ll get you the info.

27. I’m glad you like Georgia peaches :).
    Thanks for the updates on the Summer Shape Up. Everyone is doing a great job!!

28. Week 2 was killer! I still have to do today’s workout but I am dreadinglooking forward to it!! Those pike-push-up combos make my head want to explode ;(

29. Wow, Whitney you look amazing!!! Keep with it!

30. Oh man I really miss shopping at the MCX! I’ve been bad about checking in, but totally loving all of the summer shape of workouts =)

31. I can’t wait until local peaches are ready here – it’s usually not until late July/August! #Canadianproblems

Way to go Whitney on all her progress!!

32. I’ve never heard of Aqua Zumba. That’s interesting! I like to browse the BX for the coach zipper wallets…tax free and cheaper makes me feel better about a purchase. ;)

33. Natasha says:

Whitney looks fabulos!! Get it girl!

34. Great Inspiration pics. I’m too late to the party for the SSU guess I’ll have to wait. Keep up the good work ladies!

35. Courtney says:

New follower to your blog! Small world that you grew up in Valdosta. I grew up in Coffee County!

I feel ya on missing the Ga peaches this time of year. Hard to find peaches as good as those in Louisiana too!

• Courtney says:

Oops just realized I wrote grew up! I meant lived in Valdosta. My hometown is only about an hour away

36. Whitney looks great!!! That’s awesome :-) You described BX’s to a T! The nicest one I’ve seen on an Air Force base was in Hawaii, but yes it did still have that Walmart feel.

37. Wow what a shopping treat! My girlfriend told me that she LOVES being able to shop there because they literally carry everything and with a discount what more could you ask for :) I am envious!! Have a great weekend Love + Shine Courtstar

38. Love seeing all the motivating readers pics! Just what I needed to get out the door for a run today! Have a great weekend!

39. I am beyond jealous that your Exchange carries Butter London Nail Polish!!! Mine needs to get on that cause I need some safe nail varnish in my life! Rather, my toes do! :)

40. I can not wait for our local peaches. The farmers’ market news letter says we can expect them the first weekend in July.

I love how in all those pics everyone is posed the same way…hand on hip.

41. Wow, those progress pics are super inspiring! Those peaches make me want to run down to our farmer’s market in the morning too! This blog really motivated me! Thanks!

42. Appealing portion of content. I located your website and accession investment capital to mention we receive really adored consideration your blog posts. Any way We are opting-in on your own augment and perhaps My spouse and i success a person gain access to regularly rapidly.