6/26: Meals and fitness

Hi friends! Nice to see ya on a Sunday. ๐Ÿ™‚ Weโ€™re here relaxing in Palm Springs, and having a wonderful time. Just stopping in with a quick post with our meals and my fitness plan for the week. I used to post this each week on Sundays, and have had a few requests to bring it back. Iโ€™m just testing it out for a little while to see if you enjoy it, and if so, I can definitely keep doing it. I love reading posts like this to get ideas for our meal plans.

MEALS AND FITNESS

Hereโ€™s what the week is looking like:

Sunday: OFF

Monday: Lower body + teach Spin

Tuesday: Upper body + teach Cardio Barre

Wednesday: Teach Spin

Thursday: Lower body + teach Cardio Barre

Friday: OFF

Saturday: Orangetheory

DSC_6259

Since Iโ€™ve been working to get back my strength and focus on lifting heavier weights, Iโ€™m doing strength in addition to my teaching schedule. The good news is that with barre, I can actively teach as much as Iโ€™d like. Usually Iโ€™ll just demo the moves and walk around to correct form, and do the entire floor series. This week I will likely do a little more because itโ€™s my first week teaching Cardio Barre, which is an amped up version of our usual barre format. Iโ€™m really excited about it.. and a little scared. Barre is already challenging, so this is going to be intense.

As far as meals go, we usually just stick with the staples for breakfasts, lunches and snacks, and plan *real* dinners.

Hereโ€™s what weโ€™ll be enjoying this week:

groceries-1-of-1-7

Breakfasts:

Breakfast cookie (so easy, so good)

Banana-egg pancakes

Egg burritos

cookies and ballz

Snacks:

Amazeballs

Steamed eggs

hummus and veg

Protein yogurt

Lunches:

Wraps or big salads -usually something quick I can eat with one hand ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dinners:

Spicy salmon tacos

Chili marmalade chicken with roasted veggies and brown rice

Slow cooker chicken marsala with zucchini noodles (regular pasta for Liv)

Turkey and goat cheese stuffed shells (Iโ€™ll post the recipe if it turns out well!) and salad

Coconut curry shrimp with brown rice and veggies

OUT (Tender Greens. YAS)

OUT: Date night ๐Ÿ™‚

Are you meal planning for the week? Whatโ€™s on the menu?

Do you have workouts set up, or are you going to wing it?

Comments

1. I have been a pretty silent reader for a couple years now. I always loved these posts…it gives some good inspiration when I’m in a slump. Also so happy you can go back to orangetheory. Definitely my fav workout ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Jacquelyn says:

Yaye Yaye Yaye!!!! I was SOOOO excited to see this back on the blog!!! Thank you Gina! I just prepped three batches of overnight oats. That is my favorite breakfast staple for the summer, with cut up strawberries from the farmers market! We do the same here, staples for breakfast, lunch and our snakes and then plan real dinners. This week so far I have turkey meatloaf, the Italian Wonderpot with added chicken for protein, and grilled burgers! Happy Sunday!!

thank you, lovely!
      LOVE overnight oats right now, too! that wonder pot is one of our faves ๐Ÿ™‚ love the idea to add chicken

3. Just wanted to say Hello! Summer is in full swing here in New Orleans! Love you, Love your blog!

hi! thank you so much for reading <3 hope you're enjoying the summer! i would LOVE to make it to new orleans one of these days
      xo

4. More intense version of barre?! Oy vey!! Lol

5. One of your last meal prep posts you did a greek salad. My husband and i put that salad on repeat for like 3 months! I’m still not stick of it. But right now we’re on a spinach, stawberry, pecan, parmesan (with grilled chicken) salad. I love getting meal ideas from posts like these. Thank you!

i’m so happy you like it, too! that’s one of the standbys over here ๐Ÿ™‚
      that salad sounds AMAZING. i might have to do that one this week!
      xo

6. Meal and fitness planning is a great help to make your week feel smooth.
    Marmalade chicken sounds delish by 3/4c marmalade!? Are you going the whole hog, or reducing it down?

so true! i always feel like i kind of have a handle on life when i meal plan
      i’ll probably reduce it. that’s a ton of sugar! maybe 1/3 cup-ish and see how it looks?

7. I would attend one of your cardio Barre classes! I love Barre (i like dance) and I also love cardio. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Allison says:

I love these posts! Thanks for bringing them back. Am I the only one who tried to find the salmon taco recipe and got “what no one tells you about having a 2nd baby”??? I’d love the recipe!

9. Love the menu posts! I’m working on eating clean so I like to see fresh ideas!

10. It’s really important to eat healthy with workout to have good health. I really like the menu. Thanks for sharing this!

11. Hi Gina! I’m pretty new to this blog, so forgive me if I say this pretty late, but the Amazeballs are truly amazeballs! And the steamed eggs also gave me a few good ideas to prepare eggs in the morning. Thanks so much for this post! I’m getting pretty tired of scrambled eggs and veggie omelets every day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

12. I always liked these posts ๐Ÿ™‚ This gives me some meal inspiration! I am starting with a new routine tomorrow to really try to increase my strength…more heavy lifting and less cardio

13. Hi! Was wondering how you amped up Barre?? Did you get a special training for that! Love your blog long time follower!

14. Ooh yay I love reading weekly workout/meal plan posts! My workout plan for the week is…Monday – Gym (bike and upper body); Tuesday – Run; Wednesday – Ballet Thursday – OFF Friday – Run; Saturday – Ballet; Sunday – OFF! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Jennifer says:

Please please please can you post these every week again?! really helps me keep my meal planning on track! SO appreciate it!!

16. This is my first week back to work since having our LO and Ive been loving the Breakfast cookie dough cereal recipe from way back =)

yay, i’ve been eating it a lot lately too! it’s so easy ๐Ÿ™‚ congrats on your new LO!

17. Hi Gina! Love that you are bringing back posts like this! The real life and real eats posts are always the best.

Quick question: I am wondering what your take is on fruit/sugar is for weight/fat loss? When you were trying to lose weight did you limit your fruit intake? I like to have a couple of bananas a day (usually in smoothies, overnight oats or for a pre workout snack) but I have a couple workout friends who say I shouldn’t be having any so I just feel confused!