Hi friends! How’s your day going? Hope you’re having a wonderful one so far. We’re on the road to Tucson (wahoo!) so I thought I’d change things up a little for this post. It’s survey time! It’s kind of giving me flashbacks to the MySpace days when surveys ran amok (and picking your “top 8” was a very critical life decision haha). My friend Brittany tagged me in this one, and it was fun to take a little trip down memory lane.
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- Brain. (The Pilot and I called each other this. It makes no sense, but neither do we haha.)
- Mom. Mommy. Mama.
Four jobs I have had:
Quite a few random ones on the list. If you ever need someone to teach you how to time step while folding a stack of jeans and choreographing a Zumba song, I’m your girl.
- Dance instructor. I started teaching in high school, and taught jazz, tap, hip hop and ballet. The classes ranged from 3-18 year olds, and ballet was certainly my weakness. For ballet, I only taught the littles (3-4 year olds) and would pretend to sprinkle fairy dust on each one when it was their turn to go across the floor. A dose of real life: many of the girls I started teaching when they were babies are now in college, or have graduated.
- Retail extravaganza (Victoria’s Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, Men’s Fragrance contracting, retail management at Target and Belk). I really loved some aspects of retail (my coworkers, always being on my feet, the planning and organization aspects of management), but in the end, I decided it wasn’t for me.
- Personal trainer and group fitness instructor. My dream job, and an awesome way to fuse my dance and teaching background with my love of fitness.
- Blogger. Kind of funny because I’m not techie AT ALL. Love being able to do this, especially for all of the wonderful people I’ve met and interacted with along the way. <3
Four movies I’ve watched more than once: