Hi friends. What a day over here. Everyone talks about the 2s being rough, and I hate to scare anyone, but the 3s are the real deal. (My mom also said to watch out for the 4s haha.) While there is way more *good* than tough over here, not every day is rainbows and acai bowls. 😉 After some quiet time together, time outside, and chilling, everyone is doing much better.
We also made some muffins. Baking is a real form of therapy.
When we got back from vacation, we had some perfectly browned bananas. We actually took them on vacation with us, and brought them back haha. I’ve found that the poor bananas have been neglected lately in favor of summery fruits like peaches, plums and apples.
Don’t worry bananas, you still have purpose.
The bananas in these muffins give them a majority of their sweetness! Just mashed bananas, a little bit of maple syrup, chocolate chips,
and they’re a perfectly sweet little snack.
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give them a try!
- 1 cup almond meal (you can also use oat flour)
- 1 cup oats (for gluten-free, use gluten-free oats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a standard muffin tin with nonstick spray or olive oil.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, oats, cocoa, salt and chocolate chips.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, banana, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- 4. Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir well to combine.
- 5. Distribute the mixture to the muffin tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until set.
- I like to make a batch of these and store in the freezer. When I want a sweet treat or breakfast accompaniment, all I have to do is heat and eat.
Hope you have a great night <3