Hi! How’s your morning going? Hope you’re having a great Monday so far. Congratulations to the PRO Compression leggings winner:
Lauren L.! (Check your email for details to claim your prize!) Also, don’t forget that PRO Compression is offering a 30% discount on the entire site + free shipping (code: FITLEGS)
I love reading your comments on this morning’s post. Speaking of self care, here’s a decadent and healthy recipe 🙂
Shocker of the year: I made a spherical snack.
(I get a little carried away sometimes.. they’re just so cute and convenient.)
The other day, I had a major sweet tooth attack. It wasn’t intense in the way that we needed an emergency drive to The Cravory, but I was definitely in the mood for something sweet. Liv was napping, I was scrolling through Facebook (aka wasting time) and happened upon an energy bite recipe that OTF Point Loma had posted. I had all of the ingredients on hand, and decided to add in two of my favorite superfoods: chia seeds and goji berries.
Not only do they taste like cookie dough, but also make a fantastic pre-workout treat with an awesome combination of smart carbs, healthy fats and protein. They last in the fridge for up to a week, so they’d be perfect to make in advance to enjoy for a quick and healthy snack.
The only downside: I’m not exactly sure of the recipe yield. Some dough went missing in the creation process 😉
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or more peanut butter)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons flax
- 2 heaping tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 heaping tablespoons goji berries (or dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey + more for texture as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir well, as it takes a while for all ingredients to fully mix. If too dry, add in some extra honey.
- Place in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to harden slightly.
- Use a melon ball scoop to make ball shapes, and roll with your hands to smooth.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to one week.
- Enjoy these on their own, crumbled onto yogurt, mixed into oats, or on top of a smoothie bowl!
Hope you enjoy!!
More quick and healthy snacks (many sphere-shaped)