Clean Eating Cranberry Sauce
- 2 bags fresh cranberries (8oz each)
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Sweetener of choice (Stevia, honey, maple syrup, canned crushed pineapple, sucanat)
- Rinse cranberries.
- Zest orange and set zest aside.
- Place cranberries in a large pot on medium low heat.
- Juice orange over cranberries.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of water, vanilla extract, salt and orange zest.
- Cook for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the berries pop and soften.
- Wait until you have the texture you like–I like some whole cranberries still–then add your sweetener of choice.
- Just like any sauce, it tastes better the next day! Store covered in the fridge.