Healthy homemade Almond Joy Bites Recipe
These Almond Joy copycat bars are healthy with zero refined sugar, are an awesome source of healthy fat, and taste just like the beloved candy. Get the gluten-free and vegan recipe below!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Total Time: -25894130.5 minute
3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 oz unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Small splash of almond extract
4 oz chocolate chips
Almonds for topping – I used Skinny Dipped
- In a small saucepan, whisk the almond milk and maple syrup. Bring up to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the syrup with coconut, almond extra, coconut oil, and mix well. Roll into 8 balls and set in the fridge to set for 15 minutes or so.
- In a glass bowl, add the chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in between each round, until the chocolate is smooth.
- Roll each ball in the chocolate and set on parchment paper. Top with an almond. Place them in the fridge to set and store covered in the fridge.
These would also be delicious with dried fruit, orange peel. candied ginger, or chocolate shavings on top.
Keywords: homemade almond joy, almond joy recipe, healthy almond joy, almond joy bites, healthy dessert recipes, gluten-free and vegan desserts, almond joy recipe, healthier almond joy