Holiday Spice Sangria
- 2 pears, sliced
- 3 red apples, sliced
- 3 oranges (2 sliced, 1 juiced and juice reserved)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise pods
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bottle inexpensive red wine
- Place the sliced fruit into a roasting dish.
- Pour enough brandy over the fruit to cover completely.
- Pour the orange juice on top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Store covered in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, add the fruit, cinnamon sticks, anise pods, nutmeg, vanilla and wine to a large pitcher.
- Let set in the fridge to cool overnight.
- Serve iced with a cinnamon stick and orange slice, or heat the mixture on low in the slow cooker.