a perfectly sweet breakfast or snack option that tastes like dessert. Enjoy with almond milk and berries, layered in a parfait, or with some chia pudding
Total Time:1 hour 10 minutes
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
1/2 cup dried cherries or raisins
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 325 and spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray or olive oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, almond meal, pecans, dried fruit, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the peanut butter, maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla until combined.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir well.
5. Spread the mixture onto the cookie sheet and use your spoon to break up into granola chunks.
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 325 and 10 minutes at 300, turning occasionally. Next, turn the oven off completely and leave the tray in the oven for up to 30 minutes, until crisp. Allow to cool completely before storing.
Take it over the top: after it cools, stir in a mixture of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.