Sweet potato, turkey bacon, and goat cheese egg bake
A delicious and healthy breakfast recipe you can make in advance to enjoy the entire week.
Total Time:50 minutes
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2–1 inch slices
1 small sweet onion, diced
8 oz turkey bacon, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup almond milk
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
4 oz creamy goat cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a large glass baking dish with olive oil or nonstick spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, add the sweet potatoes and enough water to fully cover them, and bring to a boil. Boil for 7-9 minutes, until you can pierce easily with a fork. Drain, and set aside.
3. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, saute the turkey bacon, onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pan. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Layer the casserole! On the bottom of the dish, add the sweet potato rounds in one even layer.
5. Top with the turkey bacon and onion mixture, and spread evenly.
6. Make the eggs! Whisk the eggs, almond milk, and seasonings in a large bowl. Crumble in the goat cheese and season well with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Pour this mixture on top.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
If you’re going to use this as meal prep, separate into portions and cool completely before freezing. I like the wrap in Saran wrap and then place all servings into a large freezer bag.