Sweet Potato Brownies
- -1 bar (3.5oz) dark chocolate
- -1.5 T coconut oil
- -1/4 C cocoa powder
- -1 T alcohol-free vanilla
- -1/2 tsp cinnamon
- -1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- -flesh of two medium sweet potatoes (about 2 cups). Give them a whirl in the food processor for a smoother texture.
- -1 egg
- -2 T ground flax seed
- -1/4 C maple syrup
- -1/2 tsp baking powder
- -1/4 C gluten-free flour blend (or any flour)
- -hefty pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease baking dish (I used a pie dish) with olive oil.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave (stir and check in 20 second intervals).
- Add in the cocoa powder and stir until there are no lumps.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, espresso powder and mix well.
- Next, add the eggs, flax and maple syrup.
- Put dry ingredients in a sifter and sift into the wet mixture before stirring.
- Pour mixture into pie dish and bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out a clean.
- These brownies are even better the next day, so don’t be afraid to make ahead!