A savory warm salad, perfect for the chilly autumn months! Feel free to use your favorite protein instead of the tempeh
1 block of tempeh, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, julienned
2 small zucchini, julienned
1 bunch of swiss or rainbow chard (or 2 cups of spinach), ribs removed and leaves pulled into bite-sized pieces
Olive oil (or butter), salt, pepper and smoked paprika
Olive oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika
For the vinaigrette
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon Dijon
Splash of hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large skillet set to medium heat, add some olive oil or butter and the tempeh. Sprinkle the tempeh slices with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Cook until browned, at least 3 minutes each side.
2. While the tempeh is cooking, prepare your vinaigrette by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl.
3. After the tempeh is browned, push it aside and add a little more oil and the remaining veggies. Cook until the greens have wilted.
4. While the veggies are sautéing -remember the keep them slightly crisp and not mushy- use your wooden spoon or spatula to break the tempeh into smaller pieces.
5. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top -I use about 1/2 the mixture and save the rest for salads- and lightly toss.