Candy Corn Popcorn
- 3/8 cup popcorn kernels (doesn’t have to be exact, but I pop 3 rounds of 1/8 cup popcorn in the microwave)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cups candy corn
- 1 heaping tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: extra candy corn and chocolate chips to sprinkle in
- Heat a medium-sized pot over medium heat and add the butter.
- Pop the popcorn–add 1/8 cup popcorn to a paper bag, fold the top over twice and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Take the popcorn out when you can count to two between pops.
- Pour popcorn in a large bowl and do the next round of popping (three times total).
- While the popcorn is popping, add the candy corn, vanilla, brown sugar and sea salt to the butter and stir to combine as it melts.
- Next, pour the liquid candy corn buttery magma on top of the popcorn in the bowl.
- Spray a spatula or wooden spoon with cooking spray and gently stir to coat well.
- Pour the coated popcorn onto a greased cookie sheet and allow to cool for 30 minutes of so until set.
- Sprinkle with extra candy corn and chocolate chips if desired.