Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 carton (4 cups) chicken broth
- 2 cans black beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Avocado, sliced
- Cheese (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, in a large pot, heat oil or butter and sauté garlic, oregano and onions until translucent.
- Add chiles, tomatoes and chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- When chicken is done, chop into bite sized pieces, then add it to the pot.
- Just before serving, add two cans of black beans.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put tortilla chips in a bowl, top with cheese if desired.
- Pour soup on top, sprinkle on fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.