Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 3 cups long-grain jasmine rice, rinsed
- 3 cups water or broth
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for serving
- Heat the Instant Pot to the saute setting, and drizzle in a little olive oil or butter. Add the onion, garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Saute until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the oregano, the rice, and the tomato paste. Add a splash of water and scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot. Season with salt (donâ€™t go too crazy because you can add more later if needed.)
- Add in the rest of the water or broth, cover (and seal!), and set on manual, high pressure, for 11 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally. Stir, season with more salt if youâ€™d like (a squeeze of lime juice is great, too!) and serve with chopped cilantro on top.