Chickpea Patties with Indian Spices
- -1 can organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- -1/2 C cooked brown rice (I cheat and use the frozen pre-made rice from Trader Joe’s)
- -6 grape tomatoes, chopped
- -1 T olive oil
- -1/4 yellow onion, diced
- -1/2 t curry powder
- -1/2 t cumin
- -1/4 t tumeric
- -1/8 t garam masala
- -1/8 t coriander
- -cayenne (as much as you like)
- -salt (I used 1/4 t) and pepper
- In a food processor, add 1/2 of the chickpeas, oil and the spices. Puree until you have a hummus-type mixture. Pulse in the onion and tomatoes until well-chopped.
- In a bowl, stir in the remaining ingredients and place the mixture in the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes. Divide into 4 servings and shape into patties.
- Cook the patties in a skillet (I used some olive oil) on medium heat for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Enjoy atop salads with a drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of lemon juice and your favorite veggies (we had roasted green beans and carrots). Also amazing with Indian food leftovers 🙂