One-Pan Chicken with Tomatoes, Basil and Feta
- 1lb chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can crushed tomatoes
- feta or parmesan
- fresh basil
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Brown in olive oil (on medium-high) for about 4 minutes per side
- Removed the chicken from the pan (just place them on a plate)
- Reduce heat to medium
- Add onion, splash of balsamic (to break up the bits on the bottom of the pan), and garlic
- After stirring a bit, til fragrant, reduce the heat to low
- Add crushed tomatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken back in the pan and cover it to let the steam finish cooking the chicken for about 10 minutes. (Just check by cutting through with a knife.)
- After the chicken is cooked, cover each piece in feta or parmesan and top with chopped fresh basil.
- Finish by spooning a bit of the tomato sauce on top and serve with your favorite pasta!