For the salad
- 10.5 oz cooked brown rice (I use the 60 second pack from Trader Joe’s)
- 8 oz steamed and peeled baby beets, chopped
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, washed, outer leaves removed, and thinly sliced
- 1/4–1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1//4 cup chopped almonds
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (if you don’t like your dressing as tangy, use 2/3 cup olive oil and 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar)
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients and season well with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing together. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad, and stir to mix well.