I originally had a sweets recipe planned for today, but since I think we’re all still swimming in chocolate eggs from yesterday, how ’bout a salad to balance everything out?
This is my latest salad fave and I will eat it until forever.
By “forever” I mean until I burn myself out and am onto the next fave This one is perfect for spring, and has everything you could ever want:
crunchy, sweet, savory, nutty, fruity.
While it’s kind of a “kitchen sink” kind of recipe, there is a little bit of method to the madness; the ratio of ingredients and homemade Ranch dressing take it over the top.
This was inspired by a beloved salad from Eclectic Cafe in Tucson. My last memory of the salad isn’t a very fond one: We were surrounded by boxes, I took bites in between jumping up and down watching the basketball game, and we ended up losing. Even though it wasn’t my best salad memory, I knew I’d be recreating it soon
The dressing is probably my favorite part. It’s creamy, savory, and devoid of any weird ingredients. Make a batch to enjoy on salads, wraps and roasted veggies this week!
Hope you enjoy <3
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cups chopped raw asparagus
- 1 heaping cup chopped squash (zucchini and yellow squash work well; can be raw or steamed)
- 1 cup grapes (can slice in half lengthwise)
- 1 cup olives (I like green Spanish olives in this recipe)
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (for serving)
- Ranch dressing (recipe in this post: http://fitnessista.com/2011/07/a-new-favorite-beast/)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the walnuts.
- Plate or distribute between bowls and top with walnuts.
- Serve with dressing and chopped fresh dill.
- If you're making this in advance, combine all ingredients EXCEPT the walnuts and spinach (as they can get pretty soggy). Store them in a separate container in the fridge and add them just before enjoying. You could also make these in two mason jars with the spinach and walnuts on top. Add the dressing, shake and eat!