Hi guys! Hows the morning going? I’m pretty excited to welcome y’all to Jess’ Virtual Baby Shower with my contribution to the fun: San Diego Lobster Street Tacos!
Virtual Baby Shower
I’m so excited for baby How Sweet on the way, and the chance to virtually celebrate with so many wonderful blog friends. When Bev and Ashley first asked me to participate, I knew I wanted to join in the fun. Jess has been a blog friend since the early days of yore, and while I’ve never had the pleasure of hanging out with her in person, I absolutely love her blog and recipes (girl crush alert). For this special occasion, we’re each contributing a special recipe to celebrate baby How Sweet’s impending arrival.
I felt the pressure to come up with something AMAZING. It’s like inviting the Pioneer Woman to brunch; even though she’d be sweet and lovely, I would think “Let’s just eat your food instead?” 😉 I wanted to make her something neon and sparkly and boozy (or in this case, mocktail-y), but was really stumped about what to make. So, I enlisted the help of the professional: my brother Kyle, the chef. He gave me the idea for this recipe, and as soon as he started talking, I knew it would be a great addition to the party.
My contribution to the feast:
San Diego Lobster Street Tacos!
Butter + lobster + garlic
= really everything you ever need.
To trash these up a bit: avocado aioli
and a crunchy apple-radish slaw.
A party in your mouth if I’ve ever seen one. 😉 These lobster street tacos are also the perfect party food; easily eaten with one hand while holding your sparkly cocktail (or mocktail) in the other.
The hardest part about making these tacos is resisting lobster snacking in the process.
Oh, and cutting tiny radishes into matchsticks. But I promise it’s worth it!
Here’s the lobster street taco recipe if you’d like to join in the fun.
San Diego Lobster Street Tacos with Avocado Aioli and Apple-Radish Slaw
A fresh and decadent dinner or party option! Prepare the lobster, make the aioli and slaw; store in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble and serve.
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
For the lobster filling
- 3/4 lb lobster meat (from the seafood counter. You can also use whole steamed lobster, but takes a bit longer to prepare)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Salt and pepper
For the avocado aioli
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
For the apple-radish slaw
- 1 large green apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch of radishes (about 11 radishes), cut into matchsticks
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 6 fresh flour tortillas*
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- 1. Prepare the lobster filling by chopping the lobster meat and adding it to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze some lime juice on top. Stir to combine. In a pan on medium heat, heat the butter and add the minced garlic. Cook until fragrant, and then add the lobster meat, gently tossing to coat. Transfer the lobster meat back to the bowl.
- 2. Make the avocado aioli by combining all ingredients in a separate bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and press down on the wrap (so there is no air between the aioli and the cover) before storing the fridge.
- 3. Prepare the slaw by adding the chopped apple and radishes into another (sorry, yes another) bowl. Whisk the lime juice, honey and garlic powder. Pour the dressing over the apple and radish mixture, and stir to coat. Season well with salt and pepper.
- 4. Assemble the tacos by warming a tortilla before lightly buttering each side. Place the tortilla on a plate, and top with the lobster filling, the slaw and aioli. Repeat these steps for the remaining tacos.
- 5. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- *Fresh flour tortillas work best for this recipe, but you can also use corn. Heat them over the stove and lightly butter each before filling.
More delightful recipes from Jess’ Virtual Baby shower can be found here:
trashed up salads
- Gimme Some Oven – Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce
- The Lemon Bowl – Brussels Slaw with Tahini Dressing and Za’atar Crostini
- With Style & Grace – Kale Salad with Apple, Hazelnuts & Bacon
trashed up cocktails
- Dine & Dish – Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail
- Food For My Family – Cranberry Orange Dark and Stormy Cocktail
- Minimalist Baker – Bourbon Pumpkin Milkshakes
- Stylish, Stealthy & (sometimes) Healthy – Apple Cider Shandy
- A Spicy Perspective – Preggy Punch Mocktail
- Girl vs. Dough – Boozy Maple Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Honestly Yum – Maple Bacon Pisco Sour
- Cookin Canuck – Pink Grapefruit Margaritas
- A Thought For Food – Mezcal Citrico Cocktail
- A House in the Hills – Pomegranate Rosemary Spritzer
- The Novice Chef – Ginger Bourbon Apple Cider
- Bran Appetit – Citrus Cider Punch Floats
trashed up burgers
- Edible Perspective – Meatloaf Veggie Burgers with Mashed Potatoes + Gravy
- The Little Kitchen – Salmon BLT Sliders with an Avocado Aioli & Brie
- Daisy At Home – Balsamic Beef Burger with Mac and Cheese
- Cookies & Cups – Candied Bacon Maple Cheddar Burger
- Climbing Grier Mountain – Trashed-Up Steak Burger with Chicken Fried Bacon & Dijon Gravy
- Dessert For Two – Bleu Cheese Burgers + Sweet Potato Fries
- Country Clever – Fig Rosemary Roast Chicken Brie Brussels Sprout Panini
- Foodie Crush – The Best Cheeseburger Soup
- Lady and Pups – Spicy Sambal Chicken Meatball Sub with Eggs
- Two Peas & Their Pod – Sweet Potato and Kale Grilled Cheese
- Bake Your Day – Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
trashed up tacos
- Spoon Fork Bacon – Crunchy Ground Beef and Cheesy Tacos
- The Fauxmartha – Boozy Beef and Butternut Tacos
- With Food + Love – Harvest Hash Breakfast Tacos
- Mountain Mama Cooks – Crispy Kale and Brussels Sprout Tacos with Bacon
- Heather Christo – Bahn Mi Tacos with Spicy Sriracha Honey Sauce
- A Couple Cooks – Loaded Huevos Rancheros Tacos
- Fitnessista – San Diego Lobster Street Tacos
trashed up desserts
- Table for Two – Salted Caramel, Dark Chocolate, and Brown Butter Shortbread Bars with Sprinkles
- My Name is Yeh – Mini Vanilla Loaf Cakes, All Trashed Up
- Picky Palate – Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Sprinkle Cupcakes
- Sprinkle Bakes – Cake Batter Confetti Cupcakes
- Averie Cooks – Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- Sweet Phi – Trashed Up Shortbread Cookie Bars
- Love & Olive Oil – Loaded Junk Food Brownies
- Lauren’s Latest – Bakery Sugar Cookies
- Cookie + Kate – Peanut Butter, Banana, Honey and Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourishing Foodie – Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- The Sugar Hit – Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Cake
- Hummingbird High – Breakfast Cereal Cake Donuts
- Top With Cinnamon – Triple Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Crumb Cake
- Bake at 350 – Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sundaes
- Simple Bites – Lemon Layer Cake
- Bakerella – Baby Block Cake Pops
- She Wears Many Hats – Chocolate Covered Grapefruit
trashed up pizza
- Bev Cooks – Beer Battered Fried Calamari Pizza
- Rachel Cooks – Apple and Chicken Sausage Pizza with Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Crust
- Foodie With Family – Trashed Up Barbecue Turkey Pizza
- Shutterbean – Pesto Potato Bacon Pizza
- i am a food blog – Grilled Cheese Pizza
- My Life as a Mrs – Chili Cheese Dog Pizza
- Simply Scratch – Steak + Blue Cheese Pizza with Crispy Fried Shallots and Honey Balsamic Drizzle
- The Beeroness – Beer Cheese Tater Tot Pizza
- Yes I Want Cake – Roasted Pumpkin Pizza
- Two Red Bowls – Bacon Mashed Potato Pizza
- Dula Notes – Pork Bahn Mi Pizza
- Weelicious – Trashed Up Mexican Pizza Pockets
- Take a Megabite – Roasted Beet Pizza
- Hungry Girl Por Vida – Hard Cider Braised Pork with Sour Cherries and Cheesy Polenta
- Bakers Royale – Trash’d Street Tacos
What’s your go-to party recipe??
Please stop by Jess’ blog and send her a happy baby shower wish, if you’d like! I’m sending lots of love to her during this exciting time. <3