Hi friends! Hope you’re having a wonderful morning. The gift guide fun continues with one of my very favorite gift guides: for the kids! Even before I had kiddos, I always had the best time shopping for my brothers and the little cousins in our family. Kids really bring out the magic of the season, and while it’s SO much fun (and so easy!) to shop for them, it can be tempting to go a little overboard. Since Livi was a tiny baby, I’ve managed to stick to a basic philosophy when it comes to choosing holiday gifts for the girls: something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read. This covers all of the bases, I don’t feel like I’m going bananas, and let’s be real, they’re going to get an avalanche of toys from their grandparents anyway. 😉
Here are some of the best things I’ve found!
2018 Holiday Gift Guide for Kids:
Something they want:
– A scooter. Both of the girls have had scooters for quite a while, and they still get almost daily use.
– A bike. This is P’s big request this year!
– A dollhouse. I found this one at Costco and think the girls will love playing dolls together.
– Their own bounce house (the girls would go crazy for this!)
– An American Girl doll. The classic never dies. The girls have 6, and they’re obsessed with them.
– Disneyland tickets
– A play tent. Such a perfect little spot to read or to place with toys in their own space.
– Power Wheels. We got these for the girls last year, and it was a HUGE hit. One of them is in Georgia, but they ride the other one all the time. It cracks me up to see them play some country music over the speaker and ride around the yard together.
Something they need:
– A Caboodle. I’m so pumped for the girls to open these! They love holding onto random knickknacks and have lots of little lip glosses and jewelry. This will be a great way for them to keep everything separate – because god forbid Liv would end up with P’s chapstick – and also organize them a bit. It’s like their own special box that they can fill with treasures.
– Leotards and tights.
– A gift card for a museum, zoo, or kids’ play membership
Something to wear:
– Ugg boots. The girls both got Uggs about a month ago and love them. They’re amazing quality, too. They’ve been on the school playgrounds many times and still look great.
– A box from Mac & Mia. They always send the CUTEST stuff for the girls.
– Long-sleeved tees and leggings or jeans
Something to read:
– Dragons Love Tacos (+ the sequel)
– The Day the Crayons Quit (+ the sequel)
– Glittery unicorn ball
– Headbands or bows
– Magic wand
– Candy cane pop rocks (if you haven’t seen your kiddo eat Pop Rocks yet, it’s amazing)
What have you found for the kiddos in your family? What’s on their wish list this year? P wants a bike, and Liv wants roller skates and a spike bracelet. (???)
To spice up this year’s gift guides, I’m including some occasional giveaways. 😉 A lucky commenter will receive 5 books of their choice to share with a kid this holiday season. I’ll announce the winner on Monday! For an extra entry, like and leave a comment on my last Instagram post.