Hey hey! Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had an amazing week. It was a quick and busy one over here, and I’m looking forward to relaxing a bit this weekend and enjoying a couple of slow mornings after the back-to-school rush. I’m catching a barre class, subbing a class, P starts ballet/tap, and we’re meeting up with some friends for dinner. Can’t wait!
It’s time for the weekly Friday Faves fiesta over here. This is where I share some of my fave things from the week and always love hearing about your faves, too. Please shout out something that’s making you smile in the comments section if you’d like to join in the fun.
First Day of School! Kiddos everywhere are meeting their new teachers and running around with school friends friends, while mamas everywhere are high-fiving each other and whispering, “We made it.”
I had the best summer ever with the girls and feel like each year is even more fun. At the same time, I crave routine, and feel excited to settle down a bit after lots of instability this spring/summer. It’s also glorious to know I’ll have blocks of time to crush work stuff each day so I don’t have anything hanging over my head at night.
Madre brought over donuts for the usual First Day of School tradition. (My nana used to always surprise us with donuts before our first day of school!)
We took pics outside:
and did the drop-off fun.
After drop-off, I met up with some new mama friends for mimosas and breakfast at Gavi. It was perfection. Thankfully, the girls both had amazing days and talked a mile a minute when I picked them up.
Bose noise-canceling headphones. The Pilot and I each got a pair of these during the Amazon Prime sale, and we’re equally obsessed. I love using them to work – I’ll play the Chill Hits station on Spotify – and when I take them off, I feel like I’m assaulted by noise. They work insanely well and I can’t wait to use them for air travel next month.
Fashion + beauty:
Beautycounter is having a CRAZY AWESOME sale. Everything on the site is 20% off! They’ve never done this before, and it’s such a perfect opportunity to try out some products if you’ve been curious about this incredible line.
Here are my current top 5 faves:
- Lipgloss! You will never find me without a Beautycounter lipgloss in my purse. They’re not sticky, smell lovely (with the lightest hint of real vanilla) and completely nontoxic. We essentially eat our lipgloss (ew, but true) and I like to know mine’s made with the safest possible ingredients.
- Face oil. Their face oil is so luxurious and really makes a difference in my skin’s texture and shine. I like to mix it with the Dew Skin, or put it on at night after moisturizing.
- Cleansing Balm is the bomb! This is a best selling, multi purpose balm, that will last you forever!! It’s a cleanser (think oil cleansing), makeup remover, overnight mask and so much more!! It leaves your face feeling super clean and soft.
- Charcoal Balancing Mask – clay mask that balances the skin by absorbing excess oil, draws out impurities and reduces the size of pores.
- Dew Skin is a lightly tinted moisturizer with SPF 20. This is my face sunscreen that also provides moisture and a bit of color. This also won Allure’s Best of Beauty!
Fitness + recipes:
-Summer Shape Up starts this Monday! I’ll be sending all the info to newsletter subscribers later today, and will post the sign-up here on the blog on Monday. Can’t wait to hit these next 4 weeks hard! I have tons of workouts and lots of new meal ideas headed your way.
Read, watch, listen:
Check out this week’s episode of the podcast about healing mushrooms!
Have a happy Friday and I’ll see ya soon.