Hey hey! Happy weekend to ya 🙂 I hope you’re enjoying the morning so far and have a fun weekend ahead. Tonight we’re celebrating Liv’s birthday! We had a little celebration on her actual birthday at Calle Tepa (and then madre took her to Chuck E Cheese where they gave her 2000 tickets since it was her birthday), but I’m excited to get together with friends and family tonight. As usual, I’ll be doing the pre-party scramble getting everything together, but will sigh of relief into my eegee when it’s actually happening and the kiddos are all playing together.
Other than Liv’s party, we don’t have too much on the agenda. The girls have dance, I’ll be Konmari-ing the heck out of our house (more below), and getting ready for our trip to Orlando! We leave next week but I know I’ll blink and it will be here.
(My favorite pic form the week.)
It’s time for the usual Friday Faves party. This is where I share some of my favorite finds, wears, reads, and eats from the week. I always enjoy hearing about your faves, too, so please shout out something you’re loving in the comments below!
I ordered this dress in the spruce color after a lot of browsing online – I have a hard time trying to look cute in colder weather – and was surprised by the quality and fabric. It’s really thick and well-made with a unique detailing. I can tell I’ll wear it for an event I have coming up and also for a date night, church, or dinner out.
– Thank you so much to those of you who sent in skincare surveys last week! I’m having so much fun putting these together, but since I received way more than I anticipated (which is awesome!) I’ll have the rest completed by tomorrow.
Read, watch, listen:
I started to read this article and then I felt burned out and stopped. (Not even joking.)
This totally happened to me! Tyler in 3rd grade stabbed me with a pencil and I still have a weird bluish tattoo on my shoulder.
I’m kind of obsessed with the Marie Kondo show on Netflix. #1 she is so cute and has such a calming energy about her! #2 the couple in the first episode stressed me out a little – I had to restrain myself from throwing a pillow at the husband on my TV screen – but the rest of them have been lovely so far. I’ve completely purged the playroom already and my closet is next. I have a feeling its current state would make sweet Marie break out into hives.
I made this noodle bowl creation and had a lot of requests on IG stories for the recipe! Sorry the picture isn’t pretty- I didn’t think to snap one until I was eating leftovers the next day.
Here’s what I did:
– Put 2 chicken breasts (skin on, bone in) into the Instant Pot with a little water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper for 12 minutes on manual
– Started boiling a pack of rice noodles
– While the noodles were boiling, I made the sauce. I didn’t measure anything (oops!) so these are estimates: 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1/4 cup tamari, 1 heaping teaspoon ginger (the stuff from a jar so it’s not as intense as fresh ginger), 2 tablespoons honey, the juice of half a lemon, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and a splash of sriracha. Whisk!
– I chopped the veggies: 1 red bell pepper, 2 carrots, a handful each of cilantro, scallions and mint. The noodles were done at this point, so I just drained them with cold water
– When the chicken was finished, I shredded it up and added the chicken, veggies, noodles and sauce back to the pan. Stirred it up and it was ready to go. Everything was done in less than 20 minutes and it was SO good.
This week was my first class back at Telos in a couple of weeks and it crushed me in the best way possible. It’s kind of CrossFit-ish (we do a lot of circuits, heavy lifting, and EMOMs) and always makes me work insanely hard. The workout was 4 rounds of the following: 400m run, 15 front squats with a barbell, and 5 pull-ups. After we did our 4 rounds, we did 21, 15 and 9 reps of the following exercises: barbell deadlifts, devil’s press (a burpee with a weight swing at the top of the movement. Kind of like a kettlebell swing but you go all the way up). I was SO sweaty and felt amazing when it was done.
The workouts are insanely hard but the people at the gym are incredible. It was nice to see their faces again after a little hiatus.
Workout to try this weekend: this TRX workout!
Happy Friday, friends!