Hi friends! Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had a lovely week. It’s been a fast one over here. We finally got some monsoon rain (YESSS) and the girls were at dance and cheer camp. I also taught my first in-person class in over a year! It felt SO GOOD to be back. As much as I’ve loved Zoom teaching for convenience and the ability to teach friends from all over the world, I absolutely missed the magic of in-person interaction. It reminded me of all of the reasons why I love to teach. I’m officially back at it in July, teaching dance cardio, TRX, spin, and core conditioning. I can’t wait!
What do you have going on this weekend? We’re having our weekly pool and dinner night with friends and our new puppy will be here tomorrow!!! The Pilot is flying to pick her up and we’re all anxiously awaiting her arrival. (Except for Caro. She has no idea that a puppy will be jumping on her head, but I think she’ll enjoy having a buddy.) I’d love to hear what you’re up to!
It’s time for the weekly Friday Faves party! This is where I share some of my favorite finds from the week and around the web. I always love hearing about your faves, too, so please shout out something you’re loving in the comments section below.
– Sakara sweatshirt! My friends at Sakara sent me this cozy sweatshirt this past week – it was part of a recent campaign that they did – and it was such a fun surprise. I’m pretty much always wearing a sweatshirt when I’m at home and it’s my new fave. I have some meals coming next week and I always look forward to it.
– Snuggle puppy. So many of you recommended this on Instagram and the reviews were excellent. You can add a heating pad for warmth and a battery-powered heartbeat will beat all night. I have no prob sleeping on the floor with our new pup for the first couple of nights, but I’ll report back if this is a game changer.
We ordered some goodies from Chewy for the first time ever and we’ll absolutely be using it more often for the dogs and guinea pigs. They have everything.
-Just had to show you the Father’s Day socks I ordered for the Pilot. So good haha.
Fitness + good eats:
– If you missed out on Fit Team enrollment but still want to try it out, you have the option to try out one month here. If you love it, you’ll have the option to join as a member. It’s an easy way to try it before you commit to the full membership! The new plans go out on Monday and we’ll be rocking a Summer Shred for July. Fast, challenging, fun workouts you can do anywhere. They work with your schedule and you can do them while traveling or home with the kiddos. Get your consistent schedule SET as we head into fall. Try it out with one month here! (Ends tomorrow at midnight)
– We had this shrimp recipe for dinner and loved it. I cooked the shrimp on the stovetop and served with jasmine rice and broccoli. Super easy and the fam all enjoyed it.
Read, watch, listen:
– Take a moment to observe the fact that Hugh Jackman can indeed do anything. (I would lose my mind to see him in Music Man on Broadway.)
Fashion + beauty:
I haven’t worn the high leg cut bottoms and was surprised to see that they were flattering (you know, when you don’t have a weird shorts tan happening). The fabric of the suits is very high quality – they feel more expensive than they are – and the fit is great. I got a small top and small bottoms in the two-piece and a 4 in the one-piece. (If you’re in between sizes, I would size up for the one pieces. I’m always between a 2 and a 4 and I’m glad I went with the 4.)
Happy Friday, friends!