Hi friends! Happy Sunday, and Happy National Margarita Day. I’m never really into those national food holidays… unless they include chocolate or cocktails. 😉
The Pilot and I enjoyed this sweet and spicy concoction last night:
Frozen strawberries with a jalapeño-infused honey simple syrup, fresh lime, triple sec, and tequila.
Quite the fiesta in your face. 😉
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
A sweet and spicy twist on the classic ‘rita.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 1 1x
- For the jalapeño-infused simple syrup: (you will have enough for at least two margaritas, but feel free to double it!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
For the margarita
- .75 oz (1/2 shot) tequila
- .75 oz triple sec
- 1.5 oz jalapeño simple syrup (recipe below)
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- To make the simple syrup, combine the honey and water in a small pot on high heat. Whisk well as the liquid heats up. Once it starts to bubble, remove from heat, and add the jalapeño. Let cool to room temperature.
- Next, blend the margarita ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and frothy. Serve immediately and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Tip: make extra simple syrup to store and have on hand!
- Serving Size: 1
I took some time yesterday to put together our meal plan and start to prep for the week.
Here’s what’s on the menu:
Grill chicken for salads
Make tempeh bacon (I’ve been seriously hankering for some)
Try making homemade fruit snacks for Liv 🙂
Nothing too crazy happening on the fitness front. Since I’ve been traveling, I’ve missed a couple of weeks of flamenco- getting back into it this week!
Tuesday: Flamenco (I consider it active recovery since I’m still a beginner and still learning technique. Things like this are far away haha.)
Wednesday: Teach spin + Barre
Friday: Teach BODYPUMP
Saturday: Teach Zumba
Are you planning and prepping for the week? What’s your fitness schedule looking like? Hope you have a happy and relaxing Sunday!