[Heads up: this post is sponsored as part of my partnership with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. Read on for a delicious and vegan baked oatmeal recipe!]
I’m always on the lookout for breakfasts that can be made in advance. Since the mornings can be a little crazy around here, I love being able to quickly reheat something, wash and chop fresh fruit, cook some eggs, and breakfast is served. Breakfast cookies are staples, along with different types of pancakes (berry chia, banana or quinoa), egg muffins, and now, baked oatmeal.
Quick and Healthy Breakfast
We’re 100% on board the baked oatmeal train. You can make it in advance, freeze it in portions, and quickly reheat for an awesome breakfast. It’s also been a wonderful option since we’ve had a lot of summer company. Make in advance, heat, serve with scrambled eggs and boom: a hearty and delicious breakfast is served.
I’m a huge fan of Anne’s baked oatmeal recipe, but wanted to tweak it a little using ripe peaches from the market + removing the egg so my vegan friends could enjoy it. Vegan peach baked oatmeal was born. 🙂
Vegan Peach Baked Oatmeal
First, I put together the oatmeal base using 2 cups of oats, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and a pinch salt. I whisked everything together to combine, then stirred in 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, 1 1/2 cups Almond Breeze almond milk (I used the original) and 1 mashed banana. Then I poured it into a greased 9×13 baking dish and started on the peaches.
Just two peaches sliced and coated in the juice of half a lemon and tossed with 1/4 cup brown sugar.
Any sugary lemon juice you have left, just drizzle it on the top. That’s always a good idea. 😉
Bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees until set and golden brown.
Let cool slightly before serving, or to room temperature before freezing in portions.
Peach baked oatmeal (vegan)
A hearty and satisfying breakfast option that can be made in advance. Freeze in portion sizes to grab and go during a busy morning!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
For the oatmeal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (for gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free oats)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Breeze almond milk
- 1 mashed banana (small-medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the peaches
- 2 large peaches, pitted and sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oats, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder to combine.
- Stir in the almond milk, banana, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Pour the oat mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Prepare the peaches by tossing in a small bowl with the lemon juice and brown sugar until coated.
- Place the peaches on top of the oat mixture and drizzle any leftover brown sugar and lemon mixture on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set and the oats are fluffy.
- Cool slightly before serving, or to room temperature before storing in the freezer in individual portions.
- Not a peach fan? You could also use 1 cup fresh blueberries, plums or strawberries.
- Serving Size: 4
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! 🙂
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, aka my favorite almond milk ever.