The night before last was officially pizza night. We still hadn’t made our weekly Trader Joe’s and Costco runs, and when I stared in the fridge trying to mentally assemble components into a decent dinner option, the dessert radar kept going off.
So, I took the apricots that we’ve had for a few days (with only the dehydrator in sight as a future destination), and they quickly became the star of these awesome grain-free tartlets.
Grain-Free Apricot Tartlets
A fluffly layer of crust with almond meal, applesauce, coconut oil and chopped dates,
+ a row of sliced apricots, soaked in lemon juice and drizzled with honey
baked to perfection in 30 minutes.
We may have made a Pizza Port run for our entrees, but at least dessert was homemade. 😉 (And let’s be real, Pizza Port is always a wise choice.)
These little tartlets are whimsical and pretty to look at, but also perfectly sweet with the slightest tartness from the apricots.
We each had a few, and I froze the rest to enjoy throughout the week. They’d be wonderful out of the oven with a scoop of coconut milk ice cream, too.
Let me know if you give them a try! 🙂
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon flax
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 4-6 small apricots, thinly sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray or coconut oil.
- 2. Combine the crust ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. In a separate bowl, add the apricots, lemon and honey, and toss to coat well.
- 4. Divide the crust batter equally among the batter cups, and top with 3 thin slices of apricot.
- 5. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and set, and allow to cool completely before removing from the muffin pan.
- 6. Enjoy!
- *Toddler friendly! Perfect for little hands.
- No almond meal? Oat flour would work well too!
What’s your favorite summer fruit? Any awesome summer desserts you’ve tried lately?
On a semi-related note, I heard Tucson is getting an ice cream shop with CASHEW ICE CREAM. We’ll definitely need to make a stop on our next visit!