Sharing my review on the Les Mills Coach program. This post is not sponsored, but my participation was complimentary. You can use my code GINA15 for a discount on Les Mills Coach or use this link to try Les Mills On Demand for free for 30 days.
Hi friends! Hope you’re having a lovely week! We’re just getting the last bit of Liv’s school stuff finished – I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited for her school’s winter break – and starting the cookie making party tonight. Time for all the holly jolly festive fun. 🙂
For today’s post, I wanted to share my thoughts on a program I recently got to try: Les Mills COACH! As you guys know, I’m a huge fan of Les Mills and their On Demand platform, so I was so excited when they reached out to see if I wanted to test out their COACH option.
Les Mills COACH Program Review
What is the Les Mills COACH program?
When you sign up for COACH, you have the option to work with one of over 60 trainers and fitness instructors from all over the world. These coaches have various specialties (like postnatal, sports conditioning, fat loss, etc.) and are personal trainers in addition to Les Mills instructors. (The Les Mills certification process is extremely challenging and thorough, so you know they’re the real deal!!) You can select your trainer based on their specialties and personality vibe from their intro video. If you’re not sure who you’d like to work with, they can assign a coach for you.
Once you sign up, you’ll have an intro call with your coach to go over your fitness levels and goals, and they customize a plan based on the Les Mills On Demand workouts.
* Note: you do need LMOD access to take advantage of the Coach program. You can use my link for 30 days free that would pair perfectly with this!
You’ll receive the workouts in the Les Mills Trainerize app and can also check off goals that you create with your Coach. My goals were my daily workouts, 8 glasses of water, and only 1 night of alcohol per week.
I loved chatting with Kristin, who teaches various Les Mills formats and also shared some of her fave healthy meal ideas with me.
Benefits of Les Mills Coach:
– Perfect for human interaction and accountability, especially during this time. There’s something really magical about knowing an actual human cares about your progress and how you’re doing. It’s helpful to have another person invested in your fitness success who genuinely cares about your progress and feedback along the way.
– You can try new classes and unlock the full potential of the huge Les Mills On Demand workout library. There are over 1,000 classes in the platform, so your Coach helps to navigate between the classes and pick the ones that best match your schedule, goals, and fitness ability.
– You have a plan to follow instead of being overwhelmed by options! I think one of the most common fitness mistakes is winging it without following a plan. While ALL movement is good movement, if you have specific fitness or health goals, having a plan makes these goals more attainable.
– The fitness assessment. Before designing my plan, Kristin had me complete a fitness assessment and also talked with me about my fitness background before choosing my workouts.
– Can be challenging to shuffle other workouts into the plan, but you can discuss this with your trainer. I didn’t find it very easy to shuffle things around in the app, so I did a lot of this mentally.
– Your coach isn’t there to assess your form while you complete the workouts. This can be a challenge for beginning workout friends because you want to make sure you’re performing the movements safely before jumping into full classes. The Les Mills On Demand instructors do an incredible job of cueing and demonstrating proper form, but as a beginner, live instruction can make a huge difference.
– There currently isn’t a bundle option for LMOD and the COACH program, which is some of the feedback I shared with the brand. Even so, you can combine my discount link for COACH with my free trial link for LMOD to see if you like it!
To be honest, I didn’t get quite as much out of the COACH program because I enjoy creating my weekly fitness plans and know how to do it. For beginners or those who want some extra accountability, I think it can be extremely beneficial. It’s an incredible program and they’re providing a special service that many of the other fitness platforms are lacking. Searching through the classes can be extremely overwhelming, so it can be helpful to have an expert sort through the classes and design a customized plan just for you!
So tell me friends: have you tried any of the Les Mills workouts? Which one is your favorite? I tend to rotate between my top classes (BODYCOMBAT, BODY ATTACK, CXWORX), but BODYPUMP will always have my #1 spot.
More Les Mills posts: