This is for all of the friends out there who are pumpkin-ed out.
It’s also one of those things where I just put a bunch of ingredients in the food chopper, said a prayer, and hoped it would work out. Thankfully, it did, and they are DELICIOUS.
It all started with this apple butter madre left in the fridge. Apple butter transports me back to childhood, where a snack would easily be a tortilla spread with butter and apple butter, rolled up. (Try it, you’ll like it haha.) I was excited to see this in the fridge, and was pretty surprised to see that it didn’t contain any extra sugar or weird ingredients.
Since then, I’ve been incorporating it into snacks and breakfasts, especially atop a bowl of hot oats. I thought it would make a fun binder for apple spiced amazeballs and the best part is that it made my hemp protein powder taste less like biting into a tree. Wins all around. (Shakeology, I get to have you again soon and can’t freaking wait.)
These little beauties are packed with healthy fats, protein, and do not contain any added sugar. They’re beautifully spiced with apple butter, cinnamon and cloves, and make ya all warm and cozy. They’re like a little fall in a ball. 😉
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give them a try!!
Apple Spice Amazeballs
A sweet and lightly spiced fall treat, packed with protein and the perfect portable snack. Gluten-free, vegan, and super fast to make.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon apple butter (homemade or storebought)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pack of dehydrated crispy apples, or apple chips (1.2oz; I used the dried Fuji apples from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1. Add all of the ingredients to a small food chopper or food processor. Pulse until a dough forms.
- 2. Use a melon ball scooper to make 6 ball shapes. The dough will be super sticky; don’t be afraid.
- 3. Place in the fridge to harden slightly, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Reshape the spheres, using your hands, and store covered in the fridge.
Hope you have a wonderful day! I also sent this out on Facebook, but wanted to apologize again for the fail in yesterday’s giveaway post. In the intro, which was pre-written, I had said we were getting settled with our new addition, because I was SURE that she would have arrived by now. Little miss is taking her time and I will definitely put a post up when she is here.
More Amazeballs and energy bites: <— the perfect portable snack!
And just in case you’re not pumpkin-ed out: pumpkin amazeballs