These little jars include all of our favorite s’mores components and are completely vegan. Make them in advance for any summer parties or picnics! They’d also be an awesome healthy 4th of July dessert.
I’m so excited to tell you about these s’mores in a jar aka that one time I set off the fire alarm while P was napping. #sacrifices
They were definitely worth it when Liv and I were sitting at the counter, clanking spoons together (“cheers”) and mmmm-ing our way through our respective jars.
We’re already looking forward to the weekend (on Tuesday. haha) and also looking forward to having some friends over for dinner. Desserts in jars usually come to mind for summer parties, especially since they’re easy to make in advance.
Here’s a new dessert for ya if you’re planning get-togethers, or want the PERFECT summer dessert. It’s easy to create a vegan and gluten-free option -just use gf graham crackers and grab ‘mallows at the health food store that suit your needs. This little jar of happiness has all of the flavors of a classic s’more.
There’s a graham cracker bottom,
and creamy vegan cashew chocolate mousse,
+ toasted marshmallows + chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbles on top.
In a nutshell, you need this in your life.
The best part: make it in advance and when you’re ready to serve, just toast your marshmallows (preferably oven a grill or open fire instead of with the same lighter I use to light candles)
and top with chocolate graham crumbles and chocolate chips.
Bring them out onto the patio after dinner, and watch everyone else break out into evil creepy grins.
Please let me know if you give this a try!
- 2 1/2 cups soaked raw cashews (soak at least 1 hour and rinse)
- 1 1/2 cups cacao powder
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips for serving
- In the Vita-mix, or a high-speed blender, add the cashews, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, sea salt and water. Blend well until smooth and creamy (you may have to use the Vitamix stick thingy, whatever it’s called haha)
- Add the cacao powder and blend until mixture is totally smooth- no lumps, mmm k? Once again, use the Vita-mix stick thingy.
- Lastly, add the coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- Grab 4 small Mason jars and sprinkle the bottom of each one with graham crackers.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the jars. You can store these covered in the fridge to top later.
- When you're ready to serve, top with toasted marshmallows, more graham crumbles, and chocolate chips.
- You can use this raw mousse as a pie filling, too! Pour into a graham pie crust, top with marshmallows, and broil in the oven. YUM.
More of my favorite summer desserts:
DUMP CAKE <— the Pilot’s favorite dessert ever