This week is flying by and I’m not complaining. I’ve been having the usual fun and adventures with the girls, writing like crazy, enjoying dinners here at home, and taught two barre classes last night. We’ve also transitioned Miss P to the crib, and while it’s bittersweet, it’s fun to actually use her room now! (Before, it felt like it was just for decoration haha.) While I definitely think she’s teething, she seems to be liking her new digs. She was officially too big for the bassinet and angrily kicking the bottom of it. It was time. Plus, I can read in bed again at night without worrying about the light waking her up.
Snoozing in the crib with her Owlet on, sans swaddle since she’s a rolling machine!
While Livi was at preschool, P and I went on a mission to get her a dress for the Parent-Daughter dance this week. She insisted that she wanted a green dress, and I had no idea where I’d be able to find one. Target to the rescue! Now I just have to find some cute little shoes to go with it.
(Does she wear tights with this? What color? Halp me. I have no idea what to pair with green haha)
So today, I have a workout for you! Yesterday was one of those days where I had to get in my workout in bits and pieces. I did some cardio, split up the PBB strength, and got in this quick 5-minute booty burner.
Here it is if you’d like to give it a try!
Form cues and tips:
(warm up with 5-7 minutes of cardio beforehand. As always, check with a doc before making any fitness changes. Honor your body and modify as needed.)
1) Curtsy lunge, side to side: angle your front foot out 45 degrees and step your opposite foot back and around. For example, if your right foot is forward, when you step your left foot back, your left foot should be in line with your right shoulder. Bend your knees and sink your hips straight down, keeping your chest lifted and shoulders relaxed. Squeeze and exhale to rise, before switching to the opposite side.
2) Squat and calf raise: start with your feet at least hip distance apart and toes out. Keep your chest high and core tight as you sink down into your squat with your weight in your heels. Exhale to rise, and lift up onto your toes. Repeat, slowly and with control. Challenge option: hold a dumbbell at your chest, and press it overhead as you perform the calf raise.
3) Lateral lunge, plie squat, switch. Come into your lateral lunge with one leg bent, and the other, straight out to the side. Keep your core pulled in and touch the floor. Keeping your hips low, move to the center in a low plie squat, trying to keep your thighs parallel to the floor. Your knees should go out towards your toes, but not past your toes. Lateral lunge on the other side, and keep moving, side to side, with low hips.
4) Hip raise: my ALL TIME favorite booty move! Start on your back with legs bent and feet flat on the floor. Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips, keeping your upper back pressing into the floor. Lower down towards the floor (don’t touch it!) and exhale to rise back up. Continue for the minute. Challenge option: lift one leg off the floor for 30 seconds, and switch to the other side.
5) Dumbbell hamstring curl and lift: reach back and place a dumbbell in between your feet.
Keep the dumbbell there (start with a light one) as you take your gaze towards the floor and rest your forehead in your hands. IMPORTANT: keep your gaze down and spine straight as you do this one. Extend your legs and gently bring the dumbbell towards the floor. Exhale to bend your knees back in. Take an inhale, and as you exhale, tighten your core and squeeze your glutes to lift your knees off the floor. Lower down, and repeat.
What is your all-time favorite booty or leg exercise?
When you don’t have a lot of time, do you split up your workout? If you only have 5-10 minutes, what do you do?
Here are some faves if you’re looking for ideas!
Have a wonderful day and I’ll see you later on the Family page with new Livi-isms. 🙂