There’s this dessert I’ll often make when we have a squadron function. It’s super easy, looks pretty, and tastes amazing.
We’re in a training squadron now and things are different than an operations squadron (and we’re due to get our assignment any day ….and they’re probably getting rid of the A-10 and things are a little…exciting to say the least), but we still get together fairly often. Now, it seems like many people are Paleo, including the Pilot’s colleagues. I’m almost Paleo-ish too… except for the brown rice tortillas, goat cheese and Annie’s bunnies, to name a few. So really not that much at all (even though I get asked often if I’m Paleo since I have a penchant for grain-free and dairy-free recipes).
I decided to whip up a little something using the same flavor combo as my last get-together dessert standard, but grain-free and dairy-free so more people couple enjoy it.
That is, until I ate most of them.
Quality control, right? 😉
Make some of these for your Paleo friends, your love, or yourself. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did 🙂
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, ground into flour (reduces to about 1/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried Bing cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 and grease a small baking dish (I used an 8-inch Pyrex)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut, almond meal, cinnamon, sea salt, cocoa powder and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
- Next, add your remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into your dish and bake for 30 minutes, until fluffy and set.
- Enjoy fresh out of the oven with some coconut milk ice cream on top 😉