This is a family-friendly recipe that even a discerning preschooler went crazy for. Spiced chicken combines beautifully with warm feta, tomatoes and a fresh mint-cucumber salad. It’s a perfect “I don’t know what to do with this chicken” recipe.
When the Pilot first left for his training, I still had the splint on my hand and was recovering from surgery. Wrangling the kids by myself went well, and the girls were wonderful, but one of the hardest things for me to do was make dinner. Usually when the Pilot is home, one of us will hang out with the kids while the other cooks. I’ll admit that we ended up getting Postmates a ouple of times, and also had things like egg scrambles and pancakes for dinner. #survivalmode
BUT, I did manage to make quite a few “real” dinners in there, too! Veggie burgers, turkey meatballs and pasta, tacos, and almond meal-crusted chicken were on the list. Plus, this delicious new recipe:
(I had to remake it so I could take some pics for ya.)
Whenever I don’t know what to make for dinner, I usually take a thing of chicken out of the fridge and stare at it blankly. It’s an empty canvas, but at the same time, my creativity is constricted to the recipes I constantly make around here. If anything, I put it in the slow cooker with spices, whole heads of garlic and a little water, and call it good.
I was determined to get out of the chicken rut, and ended up making something absolutely wonderful with ingredients we had in the fridge.
This is a quick chicken recipe that takes 10 minutes to put together, and about 20 minutes to bake. While the chicken is cooking, it’s the perfect amount of time to cook some rice, put together a quick salad, and boom. Dinner is served!
This is definitely something that will be in the dinner rotation from now on.
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!!
Mediterranean chicken bake
A delicious and quick recipe for when you have no idea what the heck to do with yet another pack of chicken.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb chicken (tenders or thighs)
- 1/2 cup store-bought olive tapenade (or you can be fancy and make your own)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2–2/3 cup crumbled feta
- Fresh mint
- Oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oil (I’m loving avocado oil right now)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a baking dish with oil or nonstick spray.
- 2. Place the chicken into the baking dish and drizzle with the oil, add the juice of 1/2 lemon, and season well with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
- 3. Top with the olive tapenade. Crumble feta on top of that, and then place the tomatoes on the top layer. Season well with salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- 5. Add chopped fresh mint on top before serving.
- Serving Size: 4
More of my favorite chicken recipes: