Hi friends! How’s your day going? Hope you’re having a wonderful one so far. We’re on the road to Tucson (wahoo!) so I thought I’d change things up a little for this post. It’s survey time! It’s kind of giving me flashbacks to the MySpace days when surveys ran amok (and picking your “top 8” was a very critical life decision haha). My friend Brittany tagged me in this one, and it was fun to take a little trip down memory lane.
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- Brain. (The Pilot and I called each other this. It makes no sense, but neither do we haha.)
- Mom. Mommy. Mama.
Four jobs I have had:
Quite a few random ones on the list. If you ever need someone to teach you how to time step while folding a stack of jeans and choreographing a Zumba song, I’m your girl.
- Dance instructor. I started teaching in high school, and taught jazz, tap, hip hop and ballet. The classes ranged from 3-18 year olds, and ballet was certainly my weakness. For ballet, I only taught the littles (3-4 year olds) and would pretend to sprinkle fairy dust on each one when it was their turn to go across the floor. A dose of real life: many of the girls I started teaching when they were babies are now in college, or have graduated.
- Retail extravaganza (Victoria’s Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, Men’s Fragrance contracting, retail management at Target and Belk). I really loved some aspects of retail (my coworkers, always being on my feet, the planning and organization aspects of management), but in the end, I decided it wasn’t for me.
- Personal trainer and group fitness instructor. My dream job, and an awesome way to fuse my dance and teaching background with my love of fitness.
- Blogger. Kind of funny because I’m not techie AT ALL. Love being able to do this, especially for all of the wonderful people I’ve met and interacted with along the way. <3
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- Love Actually. I could watch this movie every day, and love to break it out over the holiday season.
- Pretty Woman. Richard Gere. He’s like a fine wine.
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I watch this pretty much each time I notice it’s on TBS. “The love fern! YOU LET IT DIE.”
- Bridesmaids. We still quote this one a regular basis. “I am Mrs. Iglesias.”
Four books I’d recommend:
- The Kite Runner. This book got into my soul, and despite the many books I’ve read since then, it’s always stayed in my heart. It’s a beautiful reminder that no matter where you are in the world, we all deal with the same needs and emotions.
- Eat, Pray, Love. I’m pretty sure this book is what solidified my deep need to visit Italy.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude. I read the Spanish version many years ago a think it’s worth a re-read. Gabriel García Márquez had a beautiful talent for mixing fact and fictional realms. This book was considered his masterpiece, and for great reason; I was captivated the entire time.
- Good to Great. This is a book that transformed my mentality about accomplishing goals. It discusses the common traits that “great” companies possess, and how to implement these strategies in your business or personal life.
- (I have to shout out my book here, too! Don’t forget to reserve your copy for your free ebook! All the details are here.)
Four places I have lived:
- Tucson, AZ. My homeland! I lived there from when I was born until I moved to Fayetteville with the Pilot after college graduation.
- Fayetteville, NC. We weren’t in Fay for very long, but I really liked it. The weather in North Carolina is glorious, the people were kind and lovely, and the base was pretty amazing, too.
- Valdosta, GA. Oh Valdizzy. It wasn’t my favorite spot, but I made some of my closest friends there, and there are some parts that I really miss. I actually told the Pilot that I wouldn’t mind if we went back there eventually, and he just silently stared at me with question marks in his eyes.
- San Diego, CA. If we could stay here forever, I’d be ok with that, too. 😉
Four places I have been:
- The Bahamas. Our honeymoon spot! I think it would be fun to take Liv for a family vacay sometime.
- Rome and Positano, Italy. Take me baaaaaaaack.
- NYC (one of my favorite places in the world)
- Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Roll tide!
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- Sleeping on a beach. Sleeping anywhere, really. 😉
- Traveling. There are so many places I’d love to visit and see!
- At Disneyland with Liv. She asks to go pretty much every day, and her face when we’re there is one of the best things ever.
- Getting a facial. It sounds so lovely right now.
Four things I don’t eat:
- Pork, lamb, beef. I stopped eating red meat when I was 7, and even though I went through a couple of times where I added it back in, it’s something that has never been a huge part in my diet.
- Many of the fast food chains (even though I’m ok with a Subway salad in a pinch)
- Soda. If I want to drink something bubbly, I prefer something like kombucha or club soda. I also like the Zevia sodas, but don’t drink them regularly.
- Fruity candy. If I’m going to have candy, I want chocolate.
Four of my favorite foods:
- Egg burritos with lots of salsa. The day isn’t a “day” unless I’ve had eggs.
- Dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt. The Ghiradelli sea salt soiree is SO GOOD.
- PIZZA with an egg cracked in the middle.
- Enormous salads with lots of veggies, goat cheese, dressing, chicken and nuts
Four TV shows that I watch:
- Scandal. Olivia Pope is my spirit animal.
- The Voice (I’m behind right now, though!)
- Kardashians. I used to keep it on for background noise, until I realized Liv was paying attention haha. Now I’ll watch pieces every here and there.
- HGTV. We love “Love It or List It” (even though they always seem to love it?) and “Flip or Flop.”
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
- Christmas and spending time with the family
- The book’s release!
- Liv’s birthday vacation
- Getting started on some new exciting projects
Four things I’m always saying:
- “Right?” or “You know?”
- “Lift up from your chest, drop your shoulders, tighten your core, and breathe!” (aka the cues you can use for any class)
- “Let’s go eat.”
Four People I Tag:
Please feel free to play along in the comments section! What are 4 jobs you’ve had, your 4 favorite foods, and 4 things you’re looking forward to??