I know, right?! Would you believe these raw brownies are as delicious as they are healthy?
How’s the day going?? Hope you’re having a wonderful one so far. A HUGE thank you to my web wizard Cody for fixing the Family page and my technology screw-up. He is amazing if you’re ever looking for web or design work.
Liv and I have had a low-key day: Trader Joe’s, Buffalo Exchange, and starting to get supplies together for her Valentine’s craft of the year. (First we did these sweet heart bouquets and last year it was hearts and flowers.) It’s a double dip kind of night over here, so I’m taking it easy before heading to spin and Zumba. Thank goodness for this chocolate energy in the freezer. 🙂
I’m so excited to share this recipe because it came out even better than I would have hoped.
Get this: raw brownies on the bottom, raw cheesecake on top, and a sweet raspberry swirl. Would you even believe it’s kind of good for you? It’s nut-based, which gives it a dose of protein + healthy fats, sweetened with maple syrup, and a glorious creamy texture from soaked cashews and almond milk.
For this creation, I started off with a raw brownie layer, and combined pecans, dates, coconut, a little maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla:
I set it in the fridge to set and made the creamy cashew cheesecake topping.
Things could have stopped there, but a raspberry drizzle gave the bars an awesome swirl of color in a gorgeous pink hue; perfect for V-day dessert to share with your love, your besties, or yourself. 😉
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!
Raw raspberry cheesecake brownie bars
A double-layer raw dessert, naturally-sweetened, and totally delicious.
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 9
For the brownie layer
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 c dates
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
For the cheesecake layer
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the raspberry drizzle
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1. In a food processor, combine all of the brownie ingredients. Pulse until a dough forms, and then press the dough to the bottom of an 8×8 glass pan.
- 2. Place in the freezer to set while you make the cheesecake layer.
- 3. Blend all of the cheese cake ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Spread on top of the brownie layer.
- 4. Make the optional raspberry drizzle by blending the raspberries with the honey, then straining through a fine mesh sieve. Swirl the raspberry drizzle on top of the cheesecake layer.
- 5. Place in the freezer until solid, about 1 hour. Allow to defrost slightly before cutting into bars. Store in the freezer, if there are any left!