Hi guys! How are ya? Hope you’re having a lovely morning <3
Since I’ve been feasting on b-fast cookie dough cereal for a few weeks now, I thought it would be fun to do a how-to post similar to the original breakfast cookie post
There are two versions: Original and Raw
For the original version:
1. In a bowl, add 1/3-1/2 C oats, 1/2 scoop protein powder of choice (Sun Warrior is my fave), cinnamon, pinch of sea salt, a lil vanilla extract and some Stevia or sweetener of choice
2. Mix well to combine. Add 1-2 T of your favorite nut butter and using a spoon, break up and stir until mixture resembles crumbly cookie dough.
3. Top with at least 1 C milk of choice, and then add fun toppings. Get crazy I love goji berries, cacao nibs, banana, peaches, strawberries… the possibilities are endless.
For the raw version:
1. In a bowl, soak 1/3-1/2 C oat groats (available in the bulk section of most health food stores) overnight.
2. Drain and rinse the groats, then add them to a small food processor. Pulse to break up the oat groats a bit. Add 1/2 scoop protein powder (Sun Warrior will keep the “raw” integrity of the oats), 1-2 T raw nut butter, cinnamon, pinch of sea salt and a little sweetener if you’d like. Pulse to combine.
Mixture will be crumbly:
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl and add 1 C fresh nut milk (love almond milk) and toppings of choice.
So there ya go! Please let me know if any of ya’ll try it It’s a perfect breakfast choice for Summer, but I can definitely see myself getting into hot oats again when the weather changes.
I’m off to do some yoga and then get back to the packing/moving beast.
See ya later today with a post on fall change/resolutions and a re-visit to the ol’ inspiration board.
Something to think:
“People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong…Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?”
-Thich Nhat Hanh