4/7: April Week 2 Workout Plan + Meal ideas

Moving a little slowly after yesterday’s adventures -I’ll do a recap post soon!- but my first half marathon long run is happening this morning. Anyone joining me? :)

I’m so happy to hear you liked last week’s format for the workout plan. I’ll keep doing it that way, and as always, let me know if there’s anything different you’d like to see.

Here are some ideas if you’re looking for workout inspiration this week:

Sunday: RUNDAY or steady state cardio. Take your favorite class, go for a nice long walk/jog/run/breakdance/anything, or tackle a workout DVD.

Monday: Arm burner and Schweaty Elliptical Workout

Ferocious

Tuesday: Off or active recovery

Wednesday: Total body circuit + Tabata Thursday video

December printable

Thursday: Easy cardio- 30 minutes

Friday: Leg workout + HIIT

Spring leg workout

Hiit5

Saturday: Off or active recovery

Lunge  1 of 1

Here’s my tentative workout plan for the week:

Sunday: Runday

Monday: OFF

Tuesday: Shoulders, chest, triceps + HIIT

Wednesday: Teach Zumba, teach Barre (legs)

Thursday: Easy cardio

Friday: OFF

Saturday: Back + Biceps

Tentative food menu:

Protein pancakes  1 of 1 6

Prep ahead:

Amazeballs

Steamed eggs

Protein pancakes for the week

Slow cooker shredded chicken

Chicken  1 of 1 2

Dinners:

Goat cheese stuffed chicken, roasted veggies

Teriyaki pineapple shrimp, veggies and brown rice

Spinach and mushroom quiche, sweet potato hash

BBQ salmon, baked potatoes and veggies

What’s on the fitness and food menu for you this week? Here’s a friendly reminder to take a little time today to plan and prep! Planning leads to success <3

See ya later with some pics from the day!

Comments

1. Love those corn tortillas from TJ’s! I picked up a bunch when I was visiting my sister!

2. I’m doing a Sunday food prep today too! Gotta make life easier some how ;)

3. Amazeballs are on my list to prep today as well, having them around always makes life better tasting!

4. Sunday prep day is on the agenda here too… once I get myself off the couch! Haha

5. Thank you!! I did a run today too, a coupl-race with my man and we WON!!
    Next week I am taking 2 challenges, I start with the Whole30 (‘It starts with food’) and also the #RESTWEEK challenge so only Yoga and Walks are on the plan (and my bike rides from and to work) – excited about the change!

6. Food prep is done for the week! Lunch and dinners are all made it’s so nice to not have to worry about it.

7. lindsey says:

I chopped veggies, made mini-turkey meatloaves, washed and prepped fruit, made amazeballs and made a baked oatmeal for the week ahead. Dinners are all planned and shopping has been done. Workouts are planned and I’ve done all my planning and music downloads for the classes I’m teaching this week. Whew. Ready for a nap!

8. I just finished my food prep for the week. Whew takes enough time by the effort is so worth it. I think I am going to add in some of the protein pancakes!

9. Yaara Leve says:

Hey girl,
    Quick question for he continuous interval HIIT. It’s 4 min easy then 4 min harder–so 16 minutes 5 rounds?? So for 80 minutes?? Just checking. Thanks

10. I NEED to do some food prep today. I have such a long and busy week ahead of me- I know it’ll make things so much simpler!
    And I did a long run(ish) this morning too! I jogged 2 miles to a hiking trail, met my roommate there and hiked (3 miles) and then jogged the 2 miles back home. It was tough but flew by since I broke up the miles and had someone to chat with on the hike!

11. Caitlin says:

I plan to make that burger recipe you posted the other day :) so excited! I also did my long run today for half training-for some reason, running never gets easier for me. But I powered through and finished 9 miles-the farthest I have ever run in my life!

12. I have your quick chicken cacciatore in the crockpot right now. :) Also planning a slow cooker chicken curry for later in the week.

13. I have curried lentils (smelling magical) in the crockpot, and red pepper hummus and cut veggies portioned out in mini pyrexes. Planning lots of Jillian and yoga this week, with the hope that it will eventually stop snowing! I’m ready to run again.

14. I recently found your site and I love this post and plan to do it this week! I’m curious….what are you using to time yourself during the tabata workout? I love that it’s talking to you…”work”, “rest”. Is it something on your computer? Sorry if this is something that’s been discussed a ton before!

15. fitness-wise, I’ll be starting my bike commuting! 25km a day, we’ll see how that goes! eek
    Its going to be a little chilly yet though

16. Ran my 5k today and came in at 30:58. YAY for a first timer! SO fun, will definitely do again.

17. SO many awesome ideas in this post! Love it :)

18. I did my long run this morning too.. I’m running the Rock n Roll half marathon here in San Diego in June!! I’ve read that it’s a great course to PR on so I’m hoping for a sub 2! My avg pace this morning was 8:57.. Looking ok so far!

19. Girl, I just thought I’d let you know I’ve spent the past 2 hours looking for other fitness blogs that are just as good as yours and I’ve completely failed. I will never regain those 2 hours of my life back. Woe is me! :( I thought “self, you need to find yourself another fix because Gina cannot be your one and only! She has a LIFE to live instead of just a blog to update!” So I set out on the hunt, but, alas, it was fruitless. That said, are there any fitness blogs you read regularly/that inspire YOU? What do you like to read in other fitness blogs/what turns you off?

awww, thank you neiry! that means so much to me <3
      all of my all-time faves are on my blog roll- lots of healthy living blogs, but not a ton that post specifically about fitness. i always feel inspired after reading the daybook (one of my all-time faves) and love taza. i just love those little families!

20. Thanks for the killer arm workout, Gina! I’m almost too jelly armed to type this comment! Definitely will be coming back to this one :)

21. Gina…I tried making your Amazeballs tonight for the first time and…fail. I followed the instructions to a T and the mixture turned out very STICKY and wet. I couldn’t roll them into balls…I had to just sortof clump the mixture into separate little piles. It seemed to need more of a dry ingredient…but the only dry ingredients are the protein powder and coconut. I added more coconut and it didn’t seem to help. I didn’t want to add to much protein powder so I didn’t add any more of that… If Gina doesn’t respond, can anyone else help me out who has made these? They do look like they’d be really good and a great snack! Thanks!

22. Karissa says:

SOOO using that arm workout tomorrow morning at the gym. Thank you!

23. Heather says:

Can you explain the HIIT continuous intervals? Do you do 4 minutes easy, 4 minutes hard 5 times for a total of 40 minutes?

24. You look crazy fit in that lunge pic! :)

25. Need some help with the arm workout! What is a bench chest fly? And what is a side lying lateral raise? Thanks!

26. I’m not sure what I’m doing fitness-wise, but food-wise I’m making beef and quinoa soup, tacos (+ leftover taco salads) and tofu and rice bowls this week!

27. Your workouts on your blog always look great but I can’t use a lot of them because I had knee problems and cannot do any high impact workouts. Can you please create some challenging workouts for people who can’t jump?? Thanks!! Or maybe just provide alternate exercises.

28. Do you have any strength routines that are all body-weight? I don’t have any dumbbells or a gym membership but desperately need some muscle-building, and I knew you’d be the lady to ask. Thanks!

29. Oh Gina, that arm burner is amazing! Thankfully my little guy didn’t need to be rocked to sleep tonight, because my arms and chest are toast! <3

30. Also, what’s an animal push-up? I tried googling it, but what I found didn’t seem right because there’s no switching sides.

31. Never mind, I found them on your blog!